In the Early Years at Ryton Federation, it is our aim to support children to;
- Develop a culture of care and kindness where children learn how to look after both 'people and planet' and understand why this is important.
- Develop positive relationships with one another, value diversity, uniqueness and the richness this brings to our lives.
- Develop resilience and strategies to cope with big emotions.
- Develop independence (both in the physical and emotional sense) and recognising the positive impact on this on children’s self-confidence and esteem.
- Learn effective communication and language skills thought precise targeted teaching.
- Develop a life-long love of learning.
- Discovering a passion for literature and stories.
- Build on the curiosity they were born with and use this drive learning, question the world around them and discover new knowledge and skills through first-hand experiences.
- Develop an awareness of safety and risks and be able to begin to manage these with confidence.
- Develop children’s creativity in its widest sense. Through the arts as well as developing their ability to think creatively and problem solve.
- Develop a love of the outdoors and an appreciation of the natural world.
We achieve our aims through;
- Our positive relationships and adult interactions with children and their families.
- Working in partnership with parents.
- Recognising each child as an individual with their own strengths, preferences, needs and interests.
- Our focus on developing children’s learning characteristics.
- Our Early Years enabling environments, both indoors and outdoors.
- Our effective daily routine.
- Working within our whole school values of Positive, Respectful and Safe.
To find out more about the School Curriculum please view our school policies or contact the school office.