In the Early Years at Ryton Federation, it is our aim to support children to;
- Develop a culture of care and kindness where children learn how to look after both 'people and planet' and understand why this is important.
- Develop positive relationships with one another, value diversity, uniqueness and the richness this brings to our lives.
- Develop resilience and strategies to cope with big emotions.
- Develop independence (both in the physical and emotional sense) and recognising the positive impact on this on children’s self-confidence and esteem.
- Learn effective communication and language skills thought precise targeted teaching.
- Develop a life-long love of learning.
- Discovering a passion for literature and stories.
- Build on the curiosity they were born with and use this drive learning, question the world around them and discover new knowledge and skills through first-hand experiences.
- Develop an awareness of safety and risks and be able to begin to manage these with confidence.
- Develop children’s creativity in its widest sense. Through the arts as well as developing their ability to think creatively and problem solve.
- Develop a love of the outdoors and an appreciation of the natural world.
We achieve our aims through;
- Our positive relationships and adult interactions with children and their families.
- Working in partnership with parents.
- Recognising each child as an individual with their own strengths, preferences, needs and interests.
- Our focus on developing children’s learning characteristics.
- Our Early Years enabling environments, both indoors and outdoors.
- Our effective daily routine.
- Working within our whole school values of Positive, Respectful and Safe.
Please contact us should you require further information or if you would like to discuss the curriculum followed in EYFS.